TARGET FOR CHRISTMAS AND STAGE TWO GOAL

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

RESTART - APRIL 17TH


14 MONTHS MAINLY WHEAT FREE AND CONTINUING

15/30 DAYS SIGNIFICANT or FUNCTIONAL ACTIVITY

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2012:- 26.5 kg/58.5 lbs

TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS FOR 2013:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs


April 17th 2013 first post after a month on holiday in Hawaii


I have just weighed in at 85 kg and there is still a little swelling in my ankles and feet left over from the last few hot and humid days in Honolulu. 

My last previous weigh in - March 7th weigh in:- 85 kg

We had some treats while away. We had some days when we could not eat our preferred foods at normal meal times. I was quite sick with a stomach upset for several days. It's hard to believe that my weight is so stable.

Back at home I want to focus on the next stage of improving my health through weight loss and activity. A good weight for my age and height is somewhere between 58 and 65 kg so I have quite a way to go before I can be happy about my weight. I'm not sure how to achieve this goal. I've tried nutritional ketosis, and I have proven maintenance is no problem. I like the Smarter Science of Slim but somehow Jonathan Bailor's style does not look as easy as he says it is to me.

I do like Jimmy Moore's approach at Livin la Vida and I'm going to read Dana Carpender's book The Fat Fast.


For 6 weeks I have not had time to keep up with my favourite blogs and podcasts so my mind is comparatively free of nutrition, health and weight loss. For 6 weeks I have continued to eat mindfully but without restriction or focus on weight loss. I have not tracked my activity or food for 6 weeks.

I don't feel as good as I should. My stomach is still a little edgy after a gastro episode weeks ago. I believe now this was probably cause by a combination of fresh coconut juice, raw papaya, ripe, fresh papaya and some dried papaya eaten over several days. The swelling of my feet that plagued me in the heat and humidity of Honolulu has subsided but not completely gone. I feel generally edgy which is a sure sign my body is out of order somewhere. This is the same kind of feeling I had when wheat was a regular part of my diet so maybe I need to do a fast from starchy carbohydrates for a week or more.

I am putting together a plan that combines everything I have learned thus far with what is a comfortable lifestyle for me. Some people might consider staying within one's comfort zone to be a negative thing. For me it is extremely positive because this is all about a sustainable lifestyle. It does not mean I will never challenge nor stretch myself by making changes or experimenting in various ways.

Today I am back to tracking and taking note of my fasting blood ketones. I'm not sure whether I want to bother with blood glucose testing because that seems to be very stable. I am concerned about my blood pressure. I feel well when I go off my meds but my BP then rises. I think a home monitor might be a good idea and this is something I need to learn more about. I cannot see the point of achieving control if I feel less than well all the time yet the risks associated with high blood pressure have been drummed into us.


Fasting Blood ketones = 0.2 my target is 1.5

Brunch: Smoothie

Dinner:- Pork stir fry (no attention to nutritional break down

Snacks:- Almonds and figs

Drinks:- Water x 3
Flavoured Tea Infusions x 1
Black coffee x 2
Other

Daily Goal:- 1.5lt or 5 - 6 cups large *no*

Exercise:- Walk or Cross-trainer *yes*

20 min = 4 km

April Total = 7/50 km 

Today's weigh in:- 85 kg

BP:- 11th May 2012, 147/75
23rd May 2012, 135/75
15th June 2012, 135/85
17th July 2012, 137/75
3rd September 2012, 125/75 ... Meds changed officially. Accuretic becomes Accupril.
12th January, 2013 ..... another med change by self. I only take Accupril occasionally if at all. Still on Plendil 2.5mg until BP checked. Resumed Accupril for now. BP was creeping up. last reading

2012 Start weight:- 114 kg/251 lbs
2013 Start weight:-  87.5/192.5 lbs

Weigh In approximately 7.30 am

4th March:-  84 kg/185 lbs
17st April:- 85 kg/187 lbs
1st May:-    


2013 Weight Loss History Starting at 87.5 kg/195.5 lbs
January:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
February:- 2 kg/5 lbs
March:- + 1 kg/2 lbs
April:-


2012 Weight Loss History
January:- 10.5 kg/23 lbs
February:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
March:- 3.5 kg/7.5 lbs
April:- 3 kg/6 lbs
May:- 1.5 kg/3 lbs
June:- 2.5 kg/5.5 lbs
July:- 1 kg/2 lbs
August:- 4 kg/8.5 lbs
September:- 1 kg/2 lbs
October:- 2 kg/4.5 lbs
November:- NC
December:- + 1.5 kg/3 lbs

No comments:

Post a Comment